Submission Category: Abstracts may be submitted under one of the following categories:
- Influenza: Pathogenesis
- Influenza: Transmission
- Influenza: Innate Immune Response to Infection
- Influenza: Adaptive Immune Response to Infection
- Influenza: Virus-host Cell Interactions
- Zoonotic Influenza
- SARS-CoV-2: Pathogenesis & Transmission
- SARS-CoV-2: Novel Treatment and Prevention Strategies
- Influenza - Broadly protective/universal influenza virus vaccines
- Influenza - Improved seasonal vaccines
- Influenza - Antivirals and therapeutics
- Influenza - Human challenge models
- Influenza - Non-pharmaceutical interventions
- COVID-19 - Vaccines in use and in late stage development
- COVID-19 - Antivirals and therapeutics
- COVID-19 - Pan-coronavirus vaccines
- Public Health Genomics for Influenza
- Vaccine Effectiveness for Influenza
- Vaccine Effectiveness for COVID-19 and Implications for Influenza
- Surveillance for Influenza Including Joint Surveillance and Impact of COVID-19 on Other Respiratory Virus Diseases
- Modelling and Forecasting for Influenza
- Burden of Disease for Influenza and Dual Epidemics
- Disease Control Policy for Influenza
- Preparedness for Respiratory Disease Pandemics
Publication: Upon acceptance of an abstract, the author provides consent to allow ISIRV to publish the abstract in the Programme/Abstract Book, and to post on the ISIRV website.
Co-Author Approval: Ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
Author Disclosure: All abstract authors are required to disclose any conflict of interest.
Changes to Abstract: You are able to edit your abstract until the submission deadline. The deadline for minor updates and all withdrawals is the 5th of April 2022. Any corrections and/or changes will not be accepted after these dates. For further guidance, contact ISIRV Conference secretariat.
Abstract Receipt Confirmation: You should receive email confirmation within two hours of submitting your abstract. If, after checking your spam folder, you have not received this confirmation then please contact Quad Logic technical support.
Consent: We collect personal data related to abstract submitters, presenters and authors together with scientific abstract data. This is to enable the usage of the ISIRV Abstract submission module. We ensure your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and transparently and in accordance with Article 6 of the EU GDPR. When submitting abstracts though our service you confirm that you the submitter / presenting author, has the consent of the authors and scientific team involved to disclose their personal information and scientific abstract.
Access to Data: Submitters and authors have the right to i) request access to, deletion of or correction of, personal data held by us at no cost to you; ii) be informed of what data processing is taking place; iii) restrict processing; iv) to object to processing of personal data; and v) complain to a supervisory authority.
Technical support questions related to problems with online abstract submission, contact Quad Logic.
Abstract Preparation: Abstracts must conform exactly to the instructions provided for electronic submission. Abstracts must be submitted in English and all presentations will be in English.
Layout of Submission: Each abstract will need to include the title, background, methods, results and conclusion.
Character Limit: A complete abstract submission will be a maximum of 2,750 characters. This includes the background, methods, tables, figures, results, conclusions and spaces. This does NOT include the title, authors and institutions.
File Attachment: File attachment is only for additional figures or tables with the content character count taken into consideration. This facility is not used to upload abstracts by pdf.